I am making banana bread today and free-styling a bit off the recipe in Joy of Cooking.
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup wheat flour
2-3 bananas, mashed (about 1-1 1/2 cups)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter (the real stuff), softened to room temperature
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Stir together butter and sugar in large bowl. Whisk in the mashed bananas and eggs.
3. Gradually add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture.
4. Fold in the walnuts.
5. Pour into one large loaf pan or several smaller loaf pans. Top with crumbled nuts.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Serve with tea and a good story.